Cambodia’s second real estate show for the year kicks off tomorrow, October 6, at Phnom Penh’s Nagaworld casino complex, with organisers reporting more than 5,000 pre-registrations for the event, including almost 1,500 from prospective purchasers who ordinarily reside outside of the kingdom.
Featuring some 33 local and international projects, including Cambodia’s leading borey and condominium developers, the Cambodia Real Estate Show 2 also includes property developments located in Singapore, Thailand, Australia, and Cyprus, as well as a list of speakers knowledgeable in topics as diverse as property management, law, taxation, sustainable investment, the economy, China’s One Belt One Road (Obor) strategy and what it means for Cambodia, and more.
With such a large range of properties and price points all gathered under one roof and it is not surprising that developers are sharpening their pencils in an attempt to woo purchasers. Amongst the specials on offer prior to the show opening –- expect more during the show — are:
- reimbursement of return airfares for international investors who purchase a property at the show from certain developers
- a free Star5 Developers studio unit for purchasers of a two bedroom condo by Star5 Developers
- a lucky draw giving all attendees an opportunity to win one of ten weekends away to VKirirom Pine Resort & National Park
- a lucky draw for all local buyers to win an all-expenses-paid holiday to Vkirirom Resort & National Park
- over 100 lucky draw prizes including holidays, household items & smart phone giveaways
- over 100 exclusive show only promotions including up to 20 per cent discount on selected properties, as well as up to 10 per cent guaranteed rate of return (GRR) on selected properties
Organised by Cambodia online real estate portal Realestate.com.kh, Cambodia Real Estate Show 2 comes a little more than five months after the first such show, which saw property developers close more than 30 sales totalling in excess of $30 million over the two day event.
Tom O’Sullivan, CEO of Realestate.com.kh, said “political stability, one of the most consistent, highest annual GDP growth rates in the region, freehold foreign ownership, and convenient international air access are all contributing to Cambodia receiving increasing attention from property investors across Asean and further afield.
“The low cost of living and lower cost of real estate ownership, combined with Cambodia’s hassle-free retirement visa process, means retirees can afford a higher standard of living in their golden years, without worrying about breaking the bank.
“For many retirees the purchase of a condominium in Cambodia means they have hundreds of thousands of dollars left to spend as they wish, comfortable in the knowledge that they have a fully-paid off home in Cambodia to come back to at any time. For others, the relative inexpensiveness of Cambodia real estate enables them to buy a property and spend their retirement years not having to worry about future rent payments, he said.
In addition to property developers, a range of real estate allied service providers will also be on hand, including BRED Bank Cambodia, a subsidiary of French BRED Banque Populaire, who will be providing loan preapprovals on the spot for purchasers who bring along financial information such as bank statements, salary slips, etc.
Although organisers have been taking preattendance registration details over the past couple of weeks, the show — and the informative speaker sessions — are totally free to attend, with no admission or registration process required. Cambodia Real Estate Show 2 will open its doors between 10am and 7pm on October 6, and between 10am and 6pm on October 7.
- Cambodia Property Market Prepares For Second Real Estate Show (AEC News Today)
- Attractive Foreign Investment Policy Driving Cambodian Property Market (AEC News Today)
- Cambodia Real Estate Mag Defies Industry Trend (AEC News Today)
- Is The Phnom Penh Property Market Headed For a Massive Crash? (AEC News Today)
Disclosure: AEC News Today is a media partner of Cambodia Real Estate Show 2
Latest posts by Kongleaphy Keam (see all)
- Thailand English-language News for December 14 - December 14, 2017
- Myanmar Morning News For December 14 - December 14, 2017
- Malaysia Morning News For December 14 - December 14, 2017
- Thailand English-language News for December 13 (HD video) - December 13, 2017