The awards, presented last month during a swanky ceremony at the International Grand Standard Hong Kong recognize the industry’s most vital sectors and service offerings with an aim of supporting, promoting, and developing the global travel and tourism industry.
Awards are presented across three tiers: nationally, regionally, and globally, with the winners determined through an online voting process that gives two votes each to qualified executives working in travel and tourism, and one vote to each consumer travel buyer. The electronic ballots are internally audited to maintain the validity of each individual vote.
According to Jamie Mead, general manager of Hilton Kuala Lumpur, “even being nominated for these awards is an incredible honour, particularly given the extraordinary strength of the field this year”, adding, “no words can describe how honoured we are to have won these reputable awards”.
|Hilton Kuala Lumpur. Credit: Hilton MY|
Located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s vibrant Sentral area, Hilton Kuala Lumpur is a five-star luxury hotel offering 510 guest rooms and suites, fine quality dining, an elegant spa, and an expansive event space.
Towering 35 floors above street level with spectacular views of the Lake Gardens and city skyline, Hilton Kuala Lumpur provides easy access to other exciting attractions nearby, including Nu Sentral, a nine-storey shopping mall, the iconic Petronas Towers, and China Town.
To date, the Hilton Kuala Lumpur has received the following awards:
- World Travel Awards 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015: Leading Business Hotel and Leading Hotel Suite in Malaysia;
- Haute Grandeur Global Hotel Awards 2018 and 2017: Best Business Hotel, Best Lifestyle Hotel, Best City Hotel, and Best Restaurant Hotel in Malaysia;
- Going Places Magazine Award 2017 and 2016: Best Five-Star Hotel;
- World Luxury Hotel Awards 2017 and 2016: Best Luxury Business Hotel, and Luxury City Hotel;
- Business Traveller Awards 2017: Best Business Hotel;
- Malaysia Tatler Best Dining Restaurants 2017: Chambers Bar & Grill, GRAZE, Vasco’s, Chynna, and Iketeru.
Other hotels in Asean member states listed as ‘Leading Business Hotels’ are Indonesia’s Hotel Gran Mahakam, Myanmar’s PARKROYAL Yangon, Philippines’ The Peninsula Manila, Singapore’s Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel, Thailand’s InterContinental Bangkok, and Vietnam’s InterContinental Saigon.
In the ‘Leading Hotel Suite’ category the Hilton Kuala Lumpur Presidential Suite is accompanied by Cambodia’s Park Hyatt Siem Reap, Indonesia’s Fairmont Jakarta, Bali’s Conrad Bali, Myanmar’s Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, Philippines’ The Peninsula Manila, Singapore’s Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, Thailand’s Tower Club at lebua, and Vietnam’s Park Hyatt Saigon.
See here for a full list of 2018 World Travel Awards winners.
Feature photo: World Travel Award
- Winners revealed at World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Gala Ceremony in Hong Kong (Breaking Travel News)
- AirAsia awarded Asia’s best low-cost carrier at World Travel Awards (Travel Guide)
- Indonesian hotels, resorts recognized at World Travel Awards (Travel Guide)
- World Travel Awards: Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali is a winner (etn)
She commenced as an intern at AEC News Today and was appointed as a junior writer/ trainee journalist on April 2, 2018
Latest posts by Sreypov Men (see all)
- Cambodia morning news for November 15 – November 15, 2018
- Vietnam morning news for November 15 – November 15, 2018
- Malaysia morning news for November 15 – November 15, 2018
- Racing the wind: Vietnam’s largest onshore wind project completes ahead of monsoon – November 14, 2018