Thailand expects to welcome some 37.55 million foreign tourists this year and one hotel hoping to benefit from the increased numbers is Poppies Seaside Cottages on the island of Koh Samui, commonly known as Poppies Samui.
Established in 1994, Poppies Samui was the recent recipient of four prestigious ‘Top 25 Awards’ for Thailand and Asia as part of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence programme.
Established in 2010, the Certificate of Excellence award honours hospitality businesses that consistently achieve outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor. Only the top 10 per cent of accommodation, attractions, restaurants, and vacation rentals listed on TripAdvisor receive the award.
To qualify establishments need to:
- Maintain an overall Trip Advisor rating of at least four out of five
- Have a minimum number of total reviews
- Have been listed on TripAdvisor for at least twelve months.
Located on Thailand’s second largest and perhaps best known holiday resort island, Poppies Samui ranked
- No. 1 for Small Hotel in Thailand
- the fifth for Hotel Service in Thailand
- the 13th best Hotel for Romance in Thailand
- the 22nd best of all Small Hotels in Asia
Consistently ranking in the top one per cent of TripAdvisor reviews, Poppies Samui is also at the forefront of helping minimise plastic trash in the water, of which Thailand is the world’s fourth largest contributor.
Plastic water bottles are a thing of the past at Poppies Samui, with guests being provided with stainless steel flasks to use during their stay, which they can take home. Ample refilling points exist.
James McManaman, general manager at Poppies Samui introduced the initiative after a recent snorkeling trip off the shores of Samui. “I noticed so many plastic bottles in the water, and realised that I needed to do something, so I started a movement away from plastic bottles”, said.
This is not the first time that Poppies Samui has been the focus of excellence awards. In 2014, 205, and 2016 it won Certificate of Excellence awards, in addition to Travellers Choice Awards, the highest honours TripAdvisor awards.
Consistently ranked the #1 resort on Koh Samui by TripAdvisor users, Poppies Samui comprises 24 individual Thai Cottages, serviced by 84 staff. More than 800 travellers have rated Poppies Samui as excellent.
Feature video angelonyxcom
- Poppies Samui has been awarded four Top 25 Awards for Thailand and Asia and Goes Green to celebrate! (Thailand4)
- Court Orders Thailand Anantara Resort Demolished (video) *Updated (AEC News Today)
- Butt Out! Smoking Ban Hits Thailand Beaches (video) (AEC News Today)
“I love what I am doing so much as it gives me a lot of great experience and provides challenges to my mind.