Typhoon Ompong running updates from September 14
(most recent updates shown first | all times are Philippines local time)
Updated 11:35pm Sept 14: Pagasa advises the as at 10pm the eye of Typoon Ompong was located about 190 km East of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan. Typhoon Ompong is expected to make landfall at between 01:00 Hrs and 03:00 Hrs tomorrow (Saturday, September 15).
The next bulletin by Pagasa will be issued at 02:00 Hrs tomorrow (Saturday, September 15).
Updated 11:25pm Sept 14:
Updated 11:20pm Sept 14:
Updated 10:50pm Sept 14:
Updated 10:30pm Sept 14:
Updated 10:10pm Sept 14: Strong winds being reported in Iloilo
Updated 9:49pm Sept 14: Strong wind and rain felt now in City of San Fernando.
Updated 9:23pm Sept 14: Moderate rains now pouring in Botolan Zambales.
Updated 8:30pm Sept 14:
- PNP EMERGENCY HOTLINES
- PNP ABULUG – 0906-642-6468
- PNP ALCALA – 0927-860-2133
- PNP ALLACAPAN – 0906-832-3322
- PNP AMULUNG – 0917-572-0744
- PNP APPARI – 0917-203-2003
- PNP BAGGAO – 0935-986-9494
- PNP BALLESTEROS – 0927-750-0799
- PNP BUGUEY – 0915-229-9200
Updated 7:05pm Sept 14:
Updated 7:00pm Sept 14: The eye of Typhoon Ompong is advancing. Located 17.3°N 124.3°E at 260 kilometres (161.5) East Northeast of Casiguran, Aurora. Still at maximum sustained winds of 205 kph near the center, with 255 kph gusts and was moving Northwest at 30 kph (18.6mph). Turbulent winds of more than 171 kph (106.254 mph) to 220 kph 136.702 mph) may be expected in at least 12 hours, said PAGASA.
Updated 4:43pm Sept 14: Ompong (Mangkhut), packing maximum sustained winds of 205 kph with 255 kph gusts, was moving northwest at 25 kph, picking up from 20 kph early Friday, PAGASA said. The eye of the storm may hit the Cagayan-Isabela area by 3 a.m. to 4 a.m., said ABS-CBN resident weather specialist Nilo Millanes. via abs-cbn.com
Updated 4:30pm Sept 14: Rolling updates commence.
Feature photo @ExtremeStorms
- Millions at risk as Philippines braces for strong Typhoon Ompong (GMA News)
- LIST: Flights canceled due to Typhoon ‘Ompong’ (CNN Philippines)
- 10 areas under Signal No. 3 as ‘Ompong’ edges closer to Luzon (Inquirer.net)
Between November 2010 and February 2012 she was a staff writer at Daylight Online, Nigeria writing on health, fashion, and relationships. From 2010 – 2017 she worked as a freelance screen writer for ‘Nollywood’, Nigeria.
She joined AEC News Today in December 2016.
Latest posts by Stella-maris Ewudolu (see all)
- Philippines morning news for August 16 – August 16, 2019
- Philippines morning news for August 15 – August 15, 2019
- Philippines hardest hit as dengue cuts a deadly path through Asean – August 14, 2019
- Philippines morning news for August 14 – August 14, 2019